Sunday 28 July 2013

I made it through my first craft fair! And I enjoyed every minute. Here are a couple of pictures of our stall.

 
 
 
These are lovely ribbon flowers made by my niece.

Mum's cards were popular as ever and she sold over 150! My sisters jeans bags were really popular too, she sold several of them. And lavender hearts were my most popular seller - I sold........2. And a keyring! Having read so many blogs over the last few months written by people who had had disappointing sales at craft fairs, I really wasn't expecting to sell anything so I was not surprised. Or upset, because the evening was to raise money for charity and so I was more than happy that the table cost (which was shared between the 3 of us) went to a good cause. I did come home with less than I went with - along with the sale of 3 items, my niece took a shine to a few things I had made so she went home with lots of goodies (if you can't make things for your niece, what can you do?). My Mum and Sister had their eyes on the Trugs, so they went to good homes too. As I said, I thoroughly enjoyed myself, chatting to lots of people and is was great to see Mum do so well. I would certainly do one again.

I'll be linking up with Handmade Harbour (http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.co.uk/) for Handmade Monday, so join me there if you can.

Love Natalie

14 comments:

  1. Your stall looks fab. Well done on everyone getting such a lot of sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time. Your stall looks very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for surviving your first fair, my first taught me lots of things and boosted my confidence too. I think the experience is the most important thing when we're starting out, and I bet it was great to have your family there to sell things alongside you. I hope you're planning to do more - I know I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, it sounds as though you had a fantastic time at your first event - well done. 150 cards is very impressive - bet your mum was pleased. Your stall looks lovely. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Sounds like successful day! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on surviving your first fair....AND even making sales!! I really enjoy fairs as a way to meet other crafters and if you make some sales, well even better!! 150 cards sold is amazing!!
    Have a great week.
    S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. I am so pleased that you had so much fun. Selling anything must feel fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Craft fairs can be a lot of fun, so I'm pleased you enjoyed your first one! Your mum's sales are truly impressive - her cards must be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on your first craft fair. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Your mum's cards must be amazing to sell 150 !!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your first fair. Sales are great, but sometimes the connections you can make with other sellers can be more valuable. Definitely worth doing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stall looks lovely and colourful. Congrats on making it through your first fair and it's great that you got some sales.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stall looks lovely. Such a shame that you didn't get many sales. 150 cards sold though is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww your stall looks so lovely and inviting! I'd definitely come over for a good browse :) Well done on your sales - i didn't sell a thing at my first fair! I can't believe your mum sold so many cards - that's amazing!

    I'm glad you had a good day and its lovely that some of your gorgeous creations went home with family - what better place for them than with those you love the most :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well it's good that you did sell some things and that you enjoyed the day meeting other crafters. Your mum did so well she must be so pleased!

    ReplyDelete