A quick update: I have cut to size the backing for my quilt and the wadding has arrived so I will get on with that this week; my mum has just helped me through a slightly tricky bit in the sewing up of my cardigan so I can get on with that now; I sorted through my scrap stash in the week and cut out 66 clam shell patches for a cushion cover I want to make.
And I've also been working on these....
I shall link up with Handmade Harbour today, and hopefully I will be able to make more comments (my husband has shown me how to get around my problem). Thank you to everyone for such lovely comments last week about my quilt top, hopefully I will be able to show you the finished article soon.
A work colleague of my husband has just had his first baby so baby names have been the subject of many conversations. Knowing the baby was to be a boy, Mateusz had already been chosen but my husband thought that Jimski would suit him rather well - I made these personalised bibs, just in case they can't decide! They were really fiddly - the letters were small because they had to fit but were slipping all over the place. I realise that I could have stuck the letters down with pritt stick or some other, or tried to bondaweb them down and then sew them but I think whichever way, it would have been tricky. In the words of my niece, it's the imperfections that show it's home made so although my husband was expecting something a little more "perfect" and shop-bought looking, I think they're quite cute.