Sunday 16 November 2014

Doesn't time fly......

My goodness! It's been a long time since I posted on my blog. My obsession with IG and its ability to comment quickly and easily have meant that I feel like I've been "communicating" with people but via my IG account, not the blog. My apologies, if there's anyone who's missed me......

I'll do a little catch up. LBQB blocks:


This block was a disaster! I couldn't see at all what I was doing wrong with it at the time but of course now I can see what a mess it is! Fortunately, Octobers Queen Bee was very understanding of my uselessness, and when she gets round to finishing the quilt top, she'll look at this block and say "ahhhh, bless Natalie!".
I had better luck this month:


Novembers Queen Bee hasn't received this yet, so I hope this isn't a spoiler! Given last months disaster, I'm pleased with how this has turned out. We could do blues and/or purples but I went all blue as I couldn't find another combo that I liked.

My #littlequiltsswap mini is finished all but the label. I'm very pleased with it but it has tested my skills and patience. I've learned so much from this, my first swap. I've learned I'd like to do another one, and I've learned that I need to have more faith in myself. I've only quilted since the beginning of this year so I can't really expect to be as good as some of these ladies (and gents!) who've been at it for ever. But I REALLY enjoy it, and we all have to start somewhere. I'm not going to make my partner any gifts to send along with the quilt because she is waaaaaaayyyyyyy better at sewing than me, but I'll send her a parcel of goodies none the less. Only a couple of weeks to go and it'll be in the post!

My other big make of recent times is a sew together bag. I know I'm a bit late to this (every man and his dog has made one!) but what a great project. I'll certainly make more. I'm using mine as a sewing bag.


Isn't the fabric cute?



That pretty much brings me up to date!

I'm off to catch up with Instagram......

Love Natalie





3 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I will say "ah bless Natalie!" It's a sweet block and shows that no matter where we are in our self-taught quilty journey, we can all Contribute and participate.
    SO impressed you made a Sew together bag!!!
    I too am too addicted to IG these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Natalie. I'm so behind with my blog too. Oh and I must be the only person who hasn't made a sew together bag.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you doing? Are you going to update us with your #LBQB quilt progress?

    The Sew Together bag hasn't made my list yet .... x al

    ReplyDelete