Friday 1 February 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy.....

Why is it that when you know you are going to have a busy weekend, you cram so much more than normal into the week as well? It's some form of self punishment I think. For example, faced with a busy weekend that will leave little room for what really matters in life (like crafting), why did I decide to strip all of the beds this morning? My mother would say that you should never strip a bed without immediately re-making it but I thought I'd strip then make after the afternoon school run. Why didn't I just leave it till Monday? So when I've finished posting this blog, you know what I'll be up to.

I've managed to do a couple of little craft projects this week. Firstly, another quick and easy mug hug.


This actually reads HEV, it's not a gift for He-Man (although if he wants one, I'll whip out the needles for him).

Secondly, I made a lovely little tooth fairy cushion for a young lady with her first wobbly tooth.


I had bought the material with just such a project in mind - it was on my Things I'd Like To Make list - but I had to quickly put this together once the wobbling commenced. The label has a little tooth fairy poem on it that I found on the internet. It was quite popular with the other mums at school when they saw it so I have been asked to make at least one more. I'll get to work on that over the weekend.

Unfortunately for me, the weekend consists of buying new school shoes and decorating so I'm not sure that I'll be up to much else. I'm determined to finish the bunting I've been working on though, so hopefully I'll have that ready for Handmade Monday over at http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.co.uk/.

Have a great weekend all,
Love Natalie

8 comments:

  1. I feel the need to explain that "Hev" is short for Heather (my sister!) lol!!! The tooth fairy cushion is just beautiful and I would really love you to make one for Emma's little girl but I feel you have enough to make for me for the time being lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut out the material for 4 so I shall reserve one for you....

      Delete
    2. I was just going to ask what "Hev" stood for. Haha! Thank you for clearing that up!

      Hazel and Heather….what gorgeous names your parents gave you! Wonderful!

      I've never used a mug hug, and always intend to make one….but that's where my resolve usually ends and I forget to actually do it. They look so snug. One day I'll actually have to get on with it!

      The floral fabric is lovely. Do you mind me being cheeky and asking where it's from?

      Ali
      xx

      Delete
    3. I bought the fabric as a fat quarter bundle from greencirclecrafts on ebay. I'm about to write a new post showing the finished article!

      Delete
  2. Are you saying that through gritted teeth Mrs Jones?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tooth fairy cushion is so cute, love the pink fabric. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tooth fairy cushion is gorgeous. I've sometimes realized I've forgotten to remake the bed when we're all off to bed, so annoying. Have a lovely weekend.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frustrating isn't it when you just don't seem to be able to fit in everything you have planned! Lovely tooth pillow

    ReplyDelete