Sunday 20 April 2014

Noodlehead Divided Basket

I read lots of blogs so I don't know where I first came across the pattern for the Divided Basket, but it's by Noodlehead and can be downloaded for just a couple of quid. I had originally planned on making one to be used as a baby gift basket for a work colleague but I've ended up making one for myself and one for my mum. They are so simple and consequently quite addictive to make.


This is the first one I made. The pattern calls for fusible interfacing to be used, with the option of fusible fleece as well. This one has the interfacing only so is less sturdy than the other but I'm using it to hold my perfumes and make up so it's not a problem.


Are you impressed by my top stitching? I can honestly say that this basket is the neatest thing I have ever made. I certainly put the effort in - I really tried to measure correctly and sew in a straight line, so I'm properly chuffed with the result.


This is a picture of the 2 together - can you see how the one on the left stands a little more upright on its own? That's due to the extra fusible fleece.

If you think you might have use for one of these baskets, get over to Noodlehead and download the pattern - you won't regret it!

I'll be linking this post with Handmade Monday as is usual for my Sunday evening. I hope you've had a wonderful Easter weekend.

Love Natalie



10 comments:

  1. Love the baskets and your topstitching is incredibly neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your top stitching and the baskets are beautiful, wish I could sew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful, and your stitching is so neat - I definitely find it tricky to be completely straight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so lovely! I send a link to a friend of mind who has just discovered the wonders of sewing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh these are gorgeous! Its so useful to have pretty looking storage containers isn't it, you can never have too many as far as i'm concerned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very neat stitching, and lovely fabric

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice indeed I love making bags so will bookmark the blog with the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely baskets. great sewing and i do know what you mean by "neat" sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love fabric containers, they are great for just about anything and I like that they can be made to match or compliment your decor. Well done on your stitching, I'd be chuffed to if mine was as neat :)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely baskets - and I like your fabric. I love it when a simple pattern produces such useful results.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete