Sunday 20 July 2014

Teacher Presents

I spotted a pattern for a little quilted purse at http://thesewingloftblog.com a couple of weeks ago and decided it would be a perfect teachers gift. I had to buy a new gadget for the project (shame!) so when I was at the Plush Addict open day a couple of weeks ago I picked up a snap-fastner.


A girlie gadget!

The pattern is really straightforward, although I did make a practice one first just to be on the safe side, and I'm really pleased with the results. I've sewn the names of the teachers onto the reverse of the purse for the extra personal touch - I did try to use my sewing machine to "write" the names but it wasn't working out very well, so I settled for writing the names on dot and cross paper and sewing over the writing onto the fabric, then gently teasing the paper out.



They are the perfect size to hold a dinner card! Or a little change to buy a cookie on Fridays. (the pattern suggests these are the perfect size to give a gift card which is also a great idea).

It's Sunday so I'm linking up with Handmade Monday.

Love Natalie x


9 comments:

  1. The purses are really cute. They really are perfect for gift cards as you can personalize them for anyone. Thanks for sharing.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely presents. Lucky teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little purses teacher is going to like them. I like how we justify extra girlie gadgets....and why not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. What a terrible shame that you were forced to get a new gadget to make them - how you have suffered in order to make these great gifts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look fab, I'm sure the teachers will be pleased:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are very cute, I love your new gadget too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are a fabulous idea. They'd be handy to carry teabags in too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A cookie holder - such a great idea. They are very pretty and a lovely teacher's gift. Hope you have a good week.

    Jill, Christmas Pie Crafts

    ReplyDelete